Mexico is considered the best option for those that want to spend their vacation in a sunny destination at affordable rates. While you have the freedom to explore the beach life, there are many options for you to have fun in the city. Therefore, it is important to know what else you need to pack –other than your passport- when you are headed to your destination.
What You Need
You need to choose your luggage according to how much you are taking on your trip and how the amount of walking you will be doing with your luggage.
The best type of suitcase for airports is the one that have rollers, but it may not be convenient on cobblestone streets. This is why as an alternative you will need to resort to a convertible bag or a backpack.
Other than having the main luggage, you will need a shoulder back or a similar bag so you can put your water, snacks, camera, maps, or any other necessity in it. The best place to store money and important documents is in a money belt that you will be wearing under your clothing so it is safe.
- Documents & Money
Of course, you will need to travel with cash and important documents. If you do not, you will be in lots of trouble… Here is what you need to pack
- Money (cash form)
- Credit/Debit card
- Passport or any other WHTI-complaint ID (if you are travelling by land)
- Drivers license
- Plane tickets, hotel reservation form, and car rental information
- Health/travel insurance documents
- Travel itinerary (you must leave a copy with a relative or friend)
- Clothing & Accessories
The amount of clothes you plan on taking depends on how long your trip will be. You can either take an outfit for every day or do laundry.
- Bathing suits
- Jeans, shorts, and pants
- Blouses, tops, t-shirts, and dresses
- Dresses or skirts
- Socks, bras, and underwear
- Scarves, belts, artificial jewelry, and other accessories
Whether you are travelling to an urban city or island, it is important to take comfortable shoes and flip-flops. The other shoes you take depend on the destination.
- Dress shoes
- Hiking boots
- Water shoes
- Additional Things
- Sweater (no matter where you are going)
- Light windbreaker or jackets
- Toiletries, Medication, and Personal Items
Take three-ounce bottles of gels and liquids in your carry on, the other stuff must be in the luggage.
- Deodorant/body spray
- Shaving cream/razors
- Glasses/contacts with solution
- Sanitary napkins
- Insect repellent
- Prescription medication and vitamins
- First Aid Kit
It is important to have a first aid kit in a foreign place in case of any emergency.
- Band aids
- Water purification tablets
- Motion sickness medicine
- Diarrhea medicine
- Aspirin or acetaminophen
- Small sewing kit
Now that you are aware of the things that must be packed when you are traveling to Mexico, have fun!